Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lantern Corpations part 1

Who ever said the Green Lantern was the only one? There are 7 other corps. (all of them have the 24 hour charge limit and create solid light) each with a different color of the rainbow (expect for black) and emotion. Artist Ethan Van Sciver descird the creation of this as:
" We found the idea of the seven different colors and what they meant, and then we tried to see what each of the different corps would represent and what kind of people they were.
I always call it a religion. I think of these different colors as religions. And I use that word with Geoff, and I'm not sure that he agrees. But the way I think of it is that they all sort of focus around one sort of human drive. Not even an emotion. I know it's called the emotional spectrum, but I tend to use the word 'drive,' because willpower isn't as much an emotion as a human drive. You have the willpower to get something done."


References:

No comments:

Post a Comment